By Shannon Underwood
1. I would have a hands on build your own cake at my cake shop or displayed within my bridal show booth. Give your brides and grooms something creative to do while they are waiting to talk with you at a bridal show or before an appointment.
What you need:
- Three tier white fake cake
- Fondant decorations
- Fake or fresh flowers
2. More inventive flavors that set you apart. Traditional flavors with a twist show that you are paying attention to trends and willing to accommodate with new flavors. Even if your brides and grooms end up choosing vanilla cake with buttercream filling the Apple French Toast cake with maple frosting is what got them in the door.
Flavors we like:
- Butterbeer www.cupcakesbynatashia.com
- Butterscotch Toffee www.cakesbyrumy.com
- Espresso Cake with Dulce De Leche filling www.sugarsugarcustomcakes.com
3. Offering baked goods as favors that can be enjoyed after the wedding. Wedding guests often only enjoy a bite of your sweets after a large meal at the reception. Give your wedding couples an opportunity to spend more money with you and offer their guests favors they won’t throw away. Fudge, cake pops, chocolates, banana bread, or macaroons can be enjoyed the next day.
Photo Source: Sedona Cake Couture
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.