Why You Should Get Paid In Full Before The Wedding
By Shannon Underwood
1. No more ulcers. It takes the pressure off to know that you won’t have to chase them after the wedding. Any amount of time spent on collections is better spent on earning new business.
2. The Wedding that isn’t. Over twenty-Percent of engagements are called off.You might not be able to re-book that date. Contractually this is called detrimental reliance and should be written into your paperwork.
3. Double selling your product. Some couples want to do post-negotiations. A price is agreed before the wedding. If you don’t get your money up front, you may find that the couple suddenly finds fault in your services in order to avoid paying you sticker price.
4. They never intended to pay you. It’s sad to say but good and bad people get married.
5. You can’t compete with the honeymoon. Many wedding couples spend whatever is left over on their honeymoon; make sure you are the first to get paid.
6. They might get divorced. Divorce stats at an all-time high and some wedding professionals offer services that are picked up after the wedding. Such as photography, videography and gown preservation.
Be smart. Get paid in full and on time.
Photo Source: flickr.com/ Kaje
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.