1. If I was a full service wedding coordinator I would stop taking a week of coordination in the high season even if your date(s) are currently available. Weeks or months later you will regret it when a top dollar client has to be turned down.
2. Explain the difference between a venue coordinator and a certified wedding planner in a way the couple can understand.
A venue coordinator’s primary role is protecting the venue that they work for and delivering the contracted services that have been ordered.
Examples of a venue coordinators responsibilities:
– Regulating sound levels to stay in compliance with the home owners associations
– Making sure underage guests are not served alcohol
– Regulating fireworks or candles to make sure they are used within fire code
– Communicating the details of their properties to the wedding professionals that serve there
A wedding planner’s primary role is protecting the wedding couple and serving as their advocate.
Examples of a wedding planners responsibilities:
-Help choose reliable wedding professionals
– Negotiate contracts that serve in the best interest of the wedding couple
– Confirm wedding professionals setup times and ending times
– Keeping the wedding couple within their budget
– Turn their wedding vision into a reality by acting as a liaison between wedding professionals
3. Recommending other planners
Create a network of planners you trust in your area. Most planners are 1-2 person operations; if your date is booked you should get credit for sending business their way.Hopefully, they will return the favor.
Photo Source: www.virtual-history.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.